Sunday 31 August 2014

vJournals - iPad - iMovie

Been thinking for a while now how to make a convenient vJournal by shooting short clips during the day and then pulling them all together into a short memory-jogging movie. Anyway, I tried Vine but to be honest the quality of the video was so poor I really didn't want to use it as a long term record so I looked around a little more.

I was surprised to find that there is a version of iMovie for the iPad and I have no idea why I hadn't played around with this before, maybe because I have done very little video recording with the iPad until now.

Well, I think this will work for me. I'm recording a series of short clips, each one maybe 6-10 seconds long on the iPad as the day passes. Later in the day I pull them together on the iPad using iMovie which has some basic editing features and then upload directly from the iPad to YouTube and share from there if required.

Once this is done I am then deleting the video clips and the project from the iPad to avoid chewing through the available device space and then repeat the process on another day. It may be that the best thing to do will be to do say a week's worth of clips at a time but at the moment I'm just getting used to the tools so experience will dictate what I do in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment